The Skil HD5510 6.5 Amp 5-1/2-Inch Circular Saw is currently one of the top choices of carpenters, homeowners, hobbyists and woodworkers. This Skil circular saw may be small but it is loaded with great features and is packed with power.
It is actually smaller than 7 ? inch circular saws you may be used to seeing but this small dynamo can outperform its competitors. It is not just very easy to carry at 6.5 lbs.; it is also very easy to use.
This Skil circular saw may be as light as a toy but it can plow through a 2 x 8 with ease. It can also breeze through ? inch sheets with ease.
It has a left side blade that is most suitable for right handed users. It also offers a clear sightline. It also has convenient adjustments that are very easy to manipulate. Its bevel lever is situated in front. Depth of cut can also be easily adjusted from the back.
This Skil HD5510 Circular Saw features a 6.5 amp saw that can cut 2x stock at 90 degrees. It also features ball bearing construction, an adjustable line of cut indicator, a zero adjust foot plate and precision cut helical gears ? all for superior performance and user convenience.
It also comes with an 8 ft. 3-wire rubber cord w/ a separate cord strain relief. It is also backed up by a 2 year limited warranty.
When you purchase the Skil HD5510 6.5 Amp 5-1/2-Inch Circular Saw, the package comes with the Skil saw, combination blade and blade wrench.
Features and Specifications
- It is smaller than 7 ? inch circular saws but it can outperform its competitors amidst its 6.5 lbs. weight.
- Can plow through a 2 x 8 with ease and breeze through ? inch sheets with ease.
- The Skil HD5510 has a left side blade suitable for right handed users.
- Offers a clear sightline and convenient adjustments that are very easy to manipulate.
- Its bevel lever is located in front and depth of cut can be easily adjusted from the back.
- Equipped with a 6.5 amp saw that can cut 2x stock at 90 degrees.
- It features ball bearing construction, an adjustable line of cut indicator, a zero adjust foot plate and precision cut helical gears for superior performance and user convenience.
- Comes with an 8 ft. 3-wire rubber cord w/ a separate cord strain relief.
- It comes with a 2 year limited warranty.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Looking at different customer reviews for the Skil HD5510 circular saw, it seem to be a big hit among woodworkers, Most comments indicate that it is worth having and it is something to pack with you before heading over to your jobsite. It also continuously receives very high to perfect star ratings from reviewers.
This circular saw from Skil is loved by users because it is as light as a feather. Due to this, users actually gain more control of the saw and the cut. Aside from being very easy to carry, it is also very easy to use.
When it comes to its down sides, there were users who mentioned that this Skil circular saw has blades that can be hard to replace. Amazon doesn?t sell replacement blades so users may really need to look elsewhere. Another one is the fairly shallow maximum depth of cut it produces.?Click here to read more customer reviews?
Overall, this circular saw sounds promising enough except for the fact that it can be really hard to find a replacement for the blades once they wear out. Of course, if you really love this saw and you constantly use it, the moment the blade wears down; it can really be frustrating to waste time looking for its kind of blades. Nonetheless, if you?re okay with this fact then its 4.5 star rating for average customer reviews should not be disregarded. Add the really low price and you have one really good power tool in your hands.
We have found the best discounts and prices for the Skil HD5510 6.5 Amp 5-1/2-Inch Circular Saw?on Amazon.?Click here?to check it out.