The Rockwell RK7240 10-Inch Table Saw with Stand is one of the best selling table saws on the market today. Its features continue to entice woodworkers and hobbyists. Then again, if there?s one thing you need to know about this Rockwell table saw it?s the fact that nothing is what it seems.
This table saw features a ShopSeries 13 Amp motor and a 10 inch thin kerf tungsten carbide saw blade. Its powerful motor is known for delivering clean, precise cuts every time. With its blade, the unit can bevel and cut 2 ? in. at 45 degrees and 3 in. at 90 degrees. Since the unit comes with a wide cast aluminum table top, users can expect around 400 sq. inches of work area. To make things easier for users, a stand is also provided. Moving this table saw around is also effortless with its 35 pound weight.
Other great specifications you can expect from this Rockwell 10-Inch Table Saw with Stand include safety features like a safety ON / OFF switch, a Quick Release rip fence and easy blade adjustments. It also has an integrated dust collection port which works well with different brands/models of dust collectors/shop vacs.
Features and Specifications
- Equipped with a ShopSeries 13 Amp motor which delivers clean, precise cuts every time.
- Has a 10 inch thin kerf tungsten carbide saw blade which bevels and cuts 2 ? in. at 45 degrees and 3 in. at 90 degrees.
- Features a wide cast aluminum table top with around 400 sq. inches of work area.
- Comes with a stand for height adjustment.
- Very easy to move since it only weighs 35 pounds.
- Includes safety features like a safety ON / OFF switch, a Quick Release rip fence & easy blade adjustments.
- Has an integrated dust collection port that works well with different brands/models of dust collectors/shop vacs.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Checking out different customer reviews for the Rockwell RK7240, this table saw has been receiving mixed feedbacks from users. There were users who posted its good sides and there were users who were really dissatisfied with this unit.
Yes, there were actually users who noted how terrible this table saw is. Then again, though these reviews are less than sterling, other users think that it?s not at all that bad. The reasons about why users think this Rockwell table saw is a bad choice are:
- It has a miter gauge that is made of cheap plastic.
- It does not have the capability to hold a 90 degree angle.
- It has non-standard 5/8 in. guide slots.
- It has a cheap and not-so-accurate fence.
- It has cheap plastic handles that seem to fall off the bevel & height adjustment spinners.
- It has a rather flimsy blade.
When it comes to its good sides, there were users who still seemed pleased with this unit. There were also users who loved the fact that it is portable; it has a powerful motor and a really nice stand.?Click here to read more customer reviews?
Overall, this Rockwell RK7240 Table Saw could be better. It may have its good sides but most people still feel hesitant to buy it because of the posted down sides. Once these issues are resolved, this table saw with stand may still prove to be a great investment. Right now, it still has a lot to prove. With the average star rating from customers, the mixed reviews and the noted CONS; it seems that the only thing hauling in users is its really cheap price. Thus, for those who are looking for a nice table saw specifically for small / occasional projects; this model may turn out to be an ideal option.
We have found the best discounts and prices for the Rockwell RK7240 10-Inch Table Saw with Stand?on Amazon.?Click here?to check it out.