The Makita BSS611 18-Volt LXT Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw is one of the most sought after brands/models of circular saws among a growing number of woodworkers these days. This Makita circular saw packs a lot of cordless cutting power. It offers industrial type features and conveniences you can only expect from a world-renowned manufacturer of industrial power tools, Makita USA Inc.
It features a high torque motor. It has a 3,700 RPM speed for faster cutting & ripping. It can cut twice the material at 45 degrees. Its 50 degree maximum bevel cutting capability makes the Makita BSS611 the ideal tool for woodworkers and hobbyists. It even features a heavy gauge, precision-machined base to ensure smooth, accurate cuts every time. It is also powered by LXT Li-Ion batteries that deliver 2.5 times more cycles.
This power tool has a compact, ergonomic design with a 6.9 lbs. weight to reduce operator fatigue and to suit a wide array of cutting applications. The Makita circular saw is suitable for carpentry, roofing, woodworking, remodeling and other contracting tasks.
This model is backed up by a 3-year warranty.
Features and Specifications
- Packs a lot of cordless cutting power and industrial type features which can only be expected from a world-renowned manufacturer of industrial power tools, Makita USA Inc.
- Has a high torque motor which delivers 3,700 RPM of speed for faster cutting & ripping. It cuts twice the material at 45 degrees and its 50 degree maximum bevel cutting capability plus heavy gauge, precision-machined base ensures smooth, accurate cuts every time.
- Powered by LXT Li-Ion batteries to deliver 2.5 times more cycles.
- Has a compact design with a 6.9 lbs. weight to reduce operator fatigue.
- It has an ergonomic design to suit a wide array of cutting applications ? making it suitable for carpentry, roofing, woodworking, remodeling & other contracting tasks.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Checking out different customer reviews for the Makita BSS611, this circular saw is noted by users, woodworkers and hobbyists as a really great saw. As a matter of fact, they seem to love this power tool a lot.
There were users who also started comparing this circular saw model to Makita?s BSS610, its predecessor. These two circular saw models have almost the same features. Users are even finding it hard to differentiate the two. Actually, there are three features that the Makita 610 has which the Makita 611 doesn?t ? the latter features a light, blade brake and a (noted) better 45 to 50 degree adjustment. When it comes to the tooth blade, the 610 has a 24 tooth blade while the 611 has a 16 tooth blade. For blade quality, they?re technically the same. As for power, handling and run time; it?s the same for these two circular saw models.
When it comes to down sides, there were users who posted that this Makita circular saw model doesn?t have the torque you can still expect from a corded saw. It has a tendency to choke in a slight bind, especially when you?re cutting through plywood sheets and other pressure treated 4x stocks.?Click here to read more customer reviews?
Overall, despite its noted down side, users seem to still love this circular saw a lot. They really appreciate the accurate cut line on the table. They also find it light & fast. Even if you use it under normal conditions, the batteries seem to last a long time too.? Then again, if there?s one thing you need to remember about this circular saw – it is not for long rips; whether straight or beveled. Thus, with its very high 4.4 star rating for average customer reviews and its really cheap price, the Makita BSS611 still proves to be a great investment option after all.
We have found the best discounts and prices for the Makita BSS611 18-Volt LXT Cordless 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw?on Amazon.?Click here?to check it out.